Monday, 15 August 2011

Trevor Rocks


Took my Marine mate Alex out for his first time climbing. Trevor Rock's seemed to be a good place to start on some easy routes. Lead "Clue, So?" F4+ as a good first route for Alex to try on Top Rope. He got to the top but was knackered, to much pulling with this arms...This was slab climbing! Then on to Forensic Science F5 which I led and he Top Roped. By this point we didn't have much time left and I really wanted to try the 6a+ "Forever the Suspect" next to this as it used to elude me months ago when I first tried it. Needless to say I cautiously decided to do it with Alex's newly acquired belay skills...The first section is a crimpy polished foothold adventure up to a high first clip. I remembered the moves past the large rock scar with a good left side pull and a small spike for the right. Surprisingly it felt pretty easy and was a promising sign of my progress over the last few months. I climbed to the lower offs without clipping the next few bolts...That's the problem with a lot of routes on this wall. They're pretty much one move wonders! Good climbing though. I was happy to of bagged another 6a+ redpoint!

No comments: